We welcome new volunteers and we especially need those with knowledge of construction, electricity, plumbing.
Here are some ways you can help:
• Working in the Adana Shop
• Helping at the Sunday market
• Managing collecting tins in a local area
• Walking the dogs
• Helping to clean the kennels
• Hosting/helping with coffee mornings
• Holding a garden party or other fund-raising event
• Collecting newspapers/unwanted rugs & carpets for use at the kennels
• Collecting good quality second hand clothing and bric-a-brac for sale in the shop and market
• Sponsoring a dog
• Becoming a member of Adana
• Providing short-term foster care for dogs and cats
And/or anything else you can think of!
Insurance for Volunteers
ADANA's primary asset is its network of volunteers. As the network has grown, ADANA has felt the need to provide its volunteers with insurance. As from now, ADANA has in place an insurance policy that provides REGISTERED volunteers with cover for:
For volunteers to be covered, ADANA needs to name each volunteer in the policy. We therefore require each volunteer to sign a Code of Conduct and consent for them to be named in the policy.
If you are an active volunteer, please contact the ADANA administrator who will send you the code of conduct form, and consent that their personal details be released to the insurers.
This cover will apply to all volunteers working in Spain, it will cover volunteers when they work:
at the kennels
caring for animals away from the kennels
helping at ADANA events
helping with handling of animals
helping at the ADANA shop or Rastro
any administrative work